The problem is that those pink cheeks can easily descend into Rosacea, especially in the early years when I didn’t know much about it.
Now a days I manage my skin so well that no one would know how difficult it is, so I thought I’d share my top tips:
1) Avoid highly perfumed products
2) Be careful of aromatherapy products
3) Don’t let your skin get dry, always use moisturiser
4) Drink water
5) Limit your alcohol intake and DON’T binge drink
6) Limit the spicy foods
7) There are cover ups that can work well, like a yellow stick I once had from Benefit, I didn’t get on with the green tinted ones.
8) Always use SPF
9) If you go for thread vein removal, don’t scrimp, make sure you go to a highly experienced person, not just a beauty salon
BUT THE BEST TIP IS:
10) Buy Paraben Free face products.
I went from using loads of cover up on my face to just a tinted moisturiser after realising the affect of Parabens on my face. Which saves time and gave me loads more confidence.
I’ve used Ren (Wash and moisturiser) and Arbonne (makeup), which are not terribly expensive, but not cheap either.
When my husband was made redundant I tweeted asking for advice about cheaper options (I’m so sorry I can’t remember the lovely beauty blogger that replied to me), and the guys at Purity sent me a big bag of stuff to try. It has a morning range and an evening range, the combination of which really suited my skin and best of all the pots are only £4-£6. You can buy it online or from Superdrug. I’m not sure it would work for skin over 45, that might depend on you. But I reckon it would cover teens to 45 easily.
I see so many Mums with Rosacea who don’t protect their skin and obviously don’t know that they could make a massive difference if they changed the products that they use. It’s a shame because it must really dent their confidence levels and it’s not necessary.
So don’t put up with Rosacea and spending hours on cover up; just use products with less in them,
I’d love to know what you think or if you’ve tried anything that helped?
I’ve you’d like to see my Top 10 Beauty Tips on a budget, take a look here