Last week I spoke to so many Mums who were being really harsh on themselves, that I wanted to chat to you about being more accepting of who you are – it’s certainly something I’ve had to do over the past year.
Some big news for me – and why it’s OK if your progress is slow!
Last weekend I made a huge breakthrough in my fitness, and managed something I never thought I’d be able to do again frankly.
I’m just so chuffed, so I wanted to encourage any of you who are judging your progress in health, fitness, emotional health, finances or business to just keep going. It doesn’t matter if our progress is slow. For me it’s not an option to not be healthier than ever before – so really when I’m 90 looking back, I won’t care that it took me a couple of extra years. The same goes for anything.
I’ve managed it by tuning into my body, so that I could work out when to push and when to pull back, and what it would love to do. Which leads me onto ….
Embrace who you are
Stop telling yourself that there is something about you that is wrong.
It won’t help to try to ignore or cut that part of you off and guilt just creates a tonne of brain noise, that means you can’t find a way to make a new choice or work around it.
Instead work with it:
– So maybe you are limited physically and have to pace like me – but perhaps that is just opening up your eyes to new ways of being, like doing yoga instead of marathon running? My progress has been unbelievably slow, but to be able to run, for however short a time was something I never thought I’d be able to do!
– Perhaps you have anxiety – to be honest, you might always be that kind of person, so the coping mechanisms that you put in place right now, you will always need. Like going to an exercise class to physically move the anxiety out of your body or have quiet time regularly – whatever it is, that’s OK.
– Perhaps there are things in your past that make you less sure of yourself – that’s fine, you might just need a constant friend or coach for a while to help build you back up. Know yourself and accept it – find a way to do it.
– Perhaps you’ve had depression – that doesn’t make you weak or wrong you know, it’s just an experience and part of who you are. So the fact that you might need certain things to keep you going or to avoid certain scenarios for self care is fine.
– Perhaps you are overweight? Doesn’t mean you aren’t beautiful! Doesn’t mean you aren’t an amazing person! You could even be very fit! Feeling guilty about it, will just make listening to your body and what’s going on harder. Losing weight is not about cutting out the person who loves food, it’s just about persuading them to love a slightly different type and maybe a little less. It’s not about removing all the pleasure in your life (not my way anyway!), because that’s not sustainable. It’s about becoming MORE of who you are, not less.
I’m not saying we can’t make a choice to change some of our habits.
But it’s about working WITH who you are, not trying to force yourself to be someone different – your neighbour, or that other Mum who ‘seems’ to have her shit together, or that business woman who gives the impression she is more successful than you, or your friend who is skinnier than you.
Anyone who joins any of my programs will become MORE of who they are in their hearts and learn to adapt what I teach them to suit them perfectly. Wether it’s my mastermind groups, or law of attraction courses or my 6 month membership to lose weight – it’s all about empowering you to be able to love yourself more and take over the reigns in your own life.
Just wanted to let you all know that you are perfect and don’t try to be anyone else ?
For anyone looking to lose weight, the doors to my 6 month membership program ‘Be healthy, fit and slim’ are now open and there are 2 great limited number offers:
1) Join with a friend ???and share the bill, making it only £7.50 a week! I love accountability – so this will give you a big accountability boost!
2) Join on your own ??? and get 1 month’s free Deluxe membership upgrade for only £15 per week – so that you have daily text and voice access to me and a 1to1 to boost your start.
I’ve updated my website to include videos that go into LOADS of depth about the program, you even get to see inside the content:
(But message me before booking, for special links to purchase the offers)
If you’d like to get a feel for how I work, join my group #MUMMYWHISPERER Tips and check out the 3 day [reboot] detox – it’s great for giving you a chance to stop and rethink some of your habits (and boosting your weight loss if you need it).
Any questions just message, I’m happy to answer.