Do you fancy getting healthy, fit and maybe a bit slimmer?
Without rubbish diets, fads, or boring exercise routines?
It’s totally possible, it’s just that it wouldn’t make good TV or newspaper articles or expensive weight loss regimes if everyone knew how!
I blogged all 2011 about losing weight. Pre-children I struggled for years before I understood how easy it could be to lose weight and went from a size 18 to a 10. By blogging about it post-children I motivated myself, shared it with everyone else and birthed a new book.
My first objective was to hit a healthy weight, which meant losing 1 stone, then to get fitter, which meant another 1/2 stone. Then I decided to go for slimmer, which was a final 1/2 stone; it was just so that I felt more comfortable and didn’t bulge over my trousers etc.
By the way; I actually don’t think that weight makes us unattractive. I strongly believe that we can all be beautiful, whatever size we are.
However, we are also Mums, and there is no doubt about the fact that if we are over weight it makes our daily lives more tiring and it will shorten our lives. So I can’t bring myself to encourage a Mum to stay overweight.
At the same time, NO I DON’T JUDGE YOU FOR BEING OVERWEIGHT. Of course I don’t. I struggled with my weight for years because of my Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and I didn’t lose it quickly after having kids either.
There is definitely a right time and a right place for losing weight. If this is the time and place for you, then I’ve got a plan for you!!!!
If you have struggled it’s for two reasons:
- Lack of knowledge on how to do it.
- Not knowing how to get so motivated that it is easy
1) Like my facebook page, so you can keep in touch. Plus I’ve created a Facebook group because it’s always easier to do these things together: ‘Mummy Whisperers Easy Weight Loss’, so join this group. Don’t worry if you are using other slimming plans or in other groups, I don’t require you to be faithful to only me ;o)
3) Watch my 15 minute video that explains why it seems that weight loss is tricky and how to make sure that you are so motivated to lose weight that it is easy.
4) Write your goal in the facebook group under the document ‘Whats your goal 2013’
5) Do the exercise I discussed in the video and wrote up in this blog post.
6) Use the group to update us on your progress, get a kick up the butt from people who understand, and ask questions.
Update January 2012:
Having become infuriated with the rubbish on the TV and in the media about how to lose weight, I’ve decided to write up all my information in a book ‘Get Healthy, Fit and Slim the Easy and Fun way’: It will be out soon, but in the meantime help yourself to all my blog posts and get a head start!
Update January 2013
I am now facing an additional challenge of trying to maintain weight having been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and lose weight that I’ve put on due to the drugs from the doctors. So I’ve been a little quiet on the facebook group and it has delayed me getting my book published. But I will be BACK very soon!
Update March 2013
Right, the odds may be against me, but I’m ready to tackle this, who is with me?!!