I’ve just started a theme called #CelebrationFriday in my Facebook group ‘Create your dream life With The Mummywhisperer‘ – a way of focussing on what we can be grateful for, rather than how exhausted we feel!
Today I’m celebrating making a huge breakthrough! Check out my video where I explain what for me is a massive improvement in my cognitive abilities.
The damage the Lyme Disease did to my brain was way worse than ‘Mummy Brain’ or ‘Fibro Fog’ had ever been – and it was a huge dent to my pride to literally not be able to do things I used to be able to do (Accounting, Project management, remembering more than 1/2 a page of to do’s etc). So I’m really chuffed to have been able to turn back the tide.
My 5 tips are:
1) Supplements (I take Omega oils)
2) Far Infrared – check out my review 1 and review 2 on how our brain needs oxygen &a circulation
3) Positive thinking and EFT (Emotional Freedom technique) – to get out of my own way and not make matters worse (If you are interested Melanie Bundock is my go to person for EFT)
4) Tap dancing – I’m pretty awful! But the timing and sound of the tapping is definitely helpful and I’m very grateful to Excel Performing Arts for starting up their Adult classes (and being patient!).
5) Playing the Piano – I’d forgotten EVERYTHING – but slowly and surely I’m getting better and remembering more than just chopsticks!
I hope this gives you a feeling of light at the end of the tunnel if you are struggling with similar problems!
(If you need some help with issues like this, I do a small number of Lifestyle coaching and healing sessions each week, and I’d be happy to help).
I know how tough it is to decide wether to read a book or not sometimes, so I thought I would review this lovely book for you by Cheryl Richardson. You may get enough from these points, but if you like it, you might want to consider getting the book and working through each chapter over the next 12 months.
Here is my Facebook live video where I talk about why I decided to read this book and I cover each point in more depth:
- Where are you depriving yourself or over giving?
- Tell yourself you love yourself in the mirror 3x per day
- Be willing to disappoint people and be honest about what you do or don’t want to do
- Add rhythm and routine to your life, so it can flow more.
- Where can you let control and ask for help – she recommends a ‘things you can do to support me’ list.
- What is an absolute ‘yes’ and ‘no’ – reduce your To do’s by 30%
- Are you living or working in a soul nourishing environment
- Protect your sensitivity – reduce the noise & news if it affects you
- Take stock of your health and any actions that need taking
- Stand up for yourself
- What passion are you ignoring
- What is your first aid pack for when things go wrong?
If you have a question about this, feel free to pop a comment in my Facebook group ‘‘Create your dream life with the Mummy whisperer‘ and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. If you’d like a bit more help with brainstorming the changes you need and challenging your assumptions, then feel free to pop me a message to book a 1to1.
Here is my first post for my new blog posts aimed at helping your to heal your lives with lots of simple tips and ideas! Yay, I’m so glad to have got this up and running at last, as I’m brimming over with ideas.
This video talks through the difference I experienced recently between rest and relaxation – so simple and yet so powerful.
Watch the full video (it’s only 8mins) for more detail and information about what is coming up here and on my Facebook groups:
Relaxation: Stress relief, fun, enjoyment, getting yourself out of every day life for a while.
Rest: giving your body a chance to heal, recover, recuperate and regain the energy lost.
Remember, if you don’t want to miss my tips, then you need to do the following:
– Like my Facebook page and set notifications to ‘first’
– When you watch a live video, click the arrow and select to be notified when I go live
– Join my Facebook community ‘Create your dream life‘ for more support